httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/os/win32 os.h
Date Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:40:23 GMT
manoj@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   Log:
>   The first part of the big autoconf patch. This replaces a bunch of
>   NEED_* macros with HAVE_* macros to be more consistent with autoconf.
>

>   -#ifdef NEED_STRDUP
>   +#ifndef HAVE_STRDUP
>    char *strdup(const char *str)
>    {
>        char *sdup;

Is this quite right? Isn't the "right" way to have

	#if HAVE_STRDUP

This means, of course, that we are consistant with having
such variables defined as either 0 or 1, instead of simply
#define'ing and #undef'ing them, but I think the former
is the "recommended" way... I may be wrong (most likely
I am :) ).
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"