httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Pause to Consider
Date Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:48:24 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Yes, how do you plan to address the apxs issue? That is, how to you plan to
> integrate your Autoconf approach with the functionality of the old "build
> modules externally [via apxs]"? Currently it looks to me you've still not
> thought about this, because you have direct references between your Autoconf
> stuff and the modules (you do a "cat *.m4" mainly).  This breaks for modules
> which should be configured and built externally.

I think that maintaining 'apxs' "as in" should NOT be a goal. Everything
is up for grabs. There might be a better way than adjusting the entire
build sequence to maintain apxs. I say we maintain the end-result of
what apxs accomplishes, but leave apxs out of the picture.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"