httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Pause to Consider
Date Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:45:57 GMT
How about we just implement autoconf the best we can at present. We
have enough people here who can adjust it once it's in place. If it's
Manoj then I say let him go at it! :)

I agree that a seperate CVS tree most likely isn't the way to go.
Let's just say 'damn them torpeedees' and start folding this
is. I'm personally not overjoyed by the use of autoconf, but I'm
even less overjoyed by the fact that we're delaying coding because
of concerns over autoconf or how to best implement it. If there's
stuff in it that I don't like, I'll fix it. Same for everyone else.
If the tool suites out purpose, then let's use it unless (1) it
severly limits portability or (2) we could do a better job ourselves.
Once we start implementing the autoconf suite, we may discover items
that we could do better ourselves, or it may work like a dream.
Let's see.
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"