httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: Working on autoconfing Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:25:31 GMT
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:07:09 +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Martin Kraemer wrote:

[...]

>>> The code it creates/uses is ugly and almost
>>> unmaintainable. And it hasn't improved vastly in the last year.

[...]

>even libtool is a little bit unfriendly to enhance and fix).

Not just a little bit. A while ago I had a try at getting PHP4 to work on
OS/2. I installed automake and libtool but, not too surprisingly it didn't
work straight off. No problem, I thought, I'll just find what's wrong and fix
it. Several hours later I was none the wiser. I know I'm no expert in shell
scripts but this stuff really made my head hurt :(