httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:19:30 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> > I thought it was so if someone tees off the output (to save or maybe
> > send someone), the port value is noted in the build process.
>
> config.status should save this already, and it does a better job of
> preserving what was used in the configure step.

I'm sure it does, I was thinking only of the build process itself
being as complete as possible. After all, we also print out the
config file being used when we use the -file option to Configure.
I have no feelings one way or another, but that may have been
the intent of the original author of the patch.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"