httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Resolving ebmedded image references in an HTML page
Date Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:34:08 GMT
Heavy snippage
On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 04:18:57PM -0800, Vinod Mehra wrote:

> eg. my request is like:
>     GET <my-tag>/acommand HTTP/1.1
> This returns an html page with an image refernce : for
> /servletimages/trans.gif
>
> The corresponsing request it logs into access.log is :
>     GET /servletimages/trans.gif HTTP/1.1
>
> I was expecting the request to be :
>     GET /<my-tag>/servletimages/trans.gif HTTP/1.1

If the HTML you send back refers to "/servletimages/trans.gif", then
the browser will ask for "/servletimages/trans.gif". If you want it to
ask for "/<my-tag>/servletimages/trans.gif", then you should either
use "/<my-tag>/servletimages/trans.gif", or use a relative reference:
"servletimages/trans.gif" without the leading slash.

"We can't protect the idiot." - David Vance of Glaxo Wellcome