httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos authentication and authentication (proxy ticket forwarding)
Date Sat, 06 Nov 1999 08:07:14 GMT
On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 11:43:24PM -0800, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> It seems to me that it would be good to have an open standard for how to do
> Kerberos authentication and authorization for the web, and that you guys
> would support this and implement it; does this sound right to you?

I would support it very much. Implementing it, though, gets legally
dicey, unfortunately. Hmmmm, though Bones was exportable. I'll let the
heavyweights answer this one.

> significant presence in the Windows community (due to it being the basis
> for Windows 2000 security).

My understanding (and this is out-of-date information) was that the
implementation would be different enough to be annoyingly
incompatible. Has this changed?

"I realized it was Michael Bolton, and my bowels let loose." - Butthead