httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Any objection to not using APR_BUFFERED for logs?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:17:43 GMT
I'd like to shut off APR_BUFFERED logging, for a number of reasons:

- Solaris and maybe others won't let us have more than 255 FILE
  pointers, limiting our number of log files.

- Based on the comments I've seen, APR_BUFFERED is on its way out

- I don't think the logs should be buffered by default anyway,
  especially the error log. If we want the access logs buffered,
  that's what BUFFERED_LOGS is for. It'd be nice to make that a config
  option, btw.

- As a nice side effect, it makes fprintf(stderr, ...) work on Unix
  again. It didn't before, because ap_get_os_file only knows how to
  get an fd.

Manoj Kasichainula -
IBM, Apache Development

View raw message