httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: {PATCH} ap_put_statinfo
Date Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:06:58 GMT

> This isn't portable enough, unless we define a stat structure.  I am 99%
> sure that Windows doesn't use stat to get file info.  I'll have to take a
> look at this code before I can seriously suggest an alternative though.
>
> Ryan
stat is in the CRT.  However, the native call (there are a coupld actually)
are about 30% faster. I have no problem using the CRT stat structure. In
fact, this is what I suggest unless someone can come up with a compelling
reason not to use it. It will eliminate a mapping from stat to another
struct on Unix.

Bill