httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: local/remote address in conn_rec
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:40:14 GMT

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Brian Havard wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:41:14 -0700 (PDT), Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> >the berkeley socket API has very few warts, few that apache ever
> >encounters.  you should be striving to implement it in a portable way, not
> >invent a new API.
>
> So you think it should stay a pair of sockaddr_in's? If so then we'll need
> APR functions to get the local/remote sockaddr_in from an ap_socket_t so we
> can fill them in.

no, you want something which resembles sockaddr_in which is implemented in
a portable way.

look at NSPR for example
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/refList/refNSPR/priotyp.html#420490

(the whole reference is good reading actually... it gives you an idea of
the depth to which this stuff needs to go to wrap everything:
http://www.mozilla.org/docs/refList/refNSPR/contents.html)

Dean