httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: APR_MMAP
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:13:32 GMT
hrm, i haven't had a chance to look at what david did... but all i was
really expecting was a mmap interface in APR which mapped stuff into
memory, and http_core would continue to have some variant of send_mmap().
it just needs a portable way to get bits of the file mapped into memory...

i see david is putting some of the send stuff into APR... that feels
wrong.  for the reason greg is bringing up, and other similar ones.
(consider an IMAP server which wants to MMAP a file, but it needs to do
CRLF conversion before sending... or something sending EBCDIC...)

Dean