httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Change to Error logging routines.
Date Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:04:24 GMT

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> 3)  This allows us to use non errno standard error variables, such as
>     h_errno, which many of the network functions use.

i think this is the strongest motivation...

but it makes me wonder if we should even have the errno printed by default
-- it'd make more sense to have a %m formatting directive which takes the
errno as a positional parameter so that one or more errors could be
included in the message... (i think i brought this up a long time ago when
we considered doing this in the first place).

Dean