httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR all in one lib?
Date Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:38:50 GMT

In what way does it make it significantly more manageable?  Just by having
to link in one library vs. a couple?

Here's why I ask - if one design goal of APR is to build a body of
portable code that could be used in other projects, it may be useful to be
able to partition functionality for situations where you need one type but
not another.  IIRC, that was one reason people elected not to use NSPR.

Though it's hard for me to come up with a credible example for a server
that would need abstracted network but not abstracted filesystem I/O, I
suppose.  =)

	Brian