httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: New CVS module for docco
Date Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:40:22 GMT

Yes, this is a larger issue, one well worth discussing.  The HTTP server
project needs some way to distinguish itself other than just "Apache".
"Apache HTTP Server" is fine, and probably most appropriate.  Here are the
ramifications:

a) Just as we have jakarta.apache.org, gui.apache.org, and soon more, we
will have an httpd.apache.org.

b) There'll be a web site rooted at http://httpd.apache.org/

"general@httpd.apache.org", with module-specific lists as well.

d) The module naming structure for ASF projects should be the
projectname-modulename.  E.g., we have jakarta-tomcat, jakarta-check,
jakarta-tools.  So I'd expect over time to move to httpd-1.2, httpd-1.3,
httpd-2.0, httpd-site, etc.

Again, I'm fine with 'httpd'.  Now is the time to debate alternatives,
though.

	Brian