httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject Re: Filesystem abstractions in v2.0
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:35:35 GMT

Well, as long as I'm logged in from home anyway.  :-)

Apache 2.0 is using the Apache Portable RunTime (APR) for all of ti's
platform dependant code.  This is an abstraction layer that has been
written specifically for Apache, but it has uses in other projects as
well.  I suggest reading the APRDesign doc in the src/lib/apr directory to
find out more.  Or you could look through the new-httpd archives for
information about APR, and what it is designed to do.

Ryan

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Henrik Vendelbo wrote:

> Has it been discussed to introduce some filesystem abstractions into 2.0 to accomodate
alternate forms of file access API that standard file I/O.

6209 H Shanda Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27609		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.