httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:00:08 GMT
On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:
> The first thing I do whenever there is a new release of Apache
> is download it and dump it into my OWN source code revision
> system which is far superior to CVS.
>
> I DO NOT USE CVS. Understand? If that's all you will accept
> then you won't be getting any code from me... just messages
> that tell you what to go fix. If you are not set up to handle
> people who do NOT use CVS then I can't help you at all.

If you're not willing to use the same tools (which work on every platform)
as the rest of the Apache developers, don't be surprised if they are
unwilling to help you.  We are not here to serve you.

Also, you don't have to use CVS to get access to the current code tree.
You can use the source code browser at

  http://www.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi

you can download 6-hour-old snapshots from

  http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/

you can also use rsync.  You have a wealth of options, and to actually
submit a patch to us, all you need to use is "diff".

Of course, telling us what this superior system is might also help - if
it's really superior, maybe we should all switch to it.  Mind sharing
with us what it is?

> Whenever I WAS workng with PVCS and CVS and **whatever**CS
> I seem to recall that there were always times when the
> fastest thing to do was just fix a typo in the tree and add
> the '++' or '!!' or whatever so it shows up in a revision pull but not
> every freakin' little typo needed to go the full monty.
> I mean c'mon... it was just a typo.

Are you intentionally trying to be humorous here?

	Brian