httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:40:49 GMT
On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 TOKILEY@aol.com wrote:

> > "Sometimes the best move is .... not to play" - W.O.P.R., "Wargames"
> >
> >   Brian
>
> Hmmm... 'not to play'...
> Sounds like the current attitude towards compressing
> content and saving time, money and bandwidth.

Thank you for proving my point.

Alright, I've had it with you two.  You can keep stammering around like
two sycophants on a mission from God to save us from the evils of
uncompressed data, or you can learn to talk to us as peers and engage in
conversation.  It's hard for me to imagine in what parallel universe
using ALL CAPS and being verbally abusive towards your peers actually
produces results.  This is not a contest, you do not get points for
winning an argument.  And most of all, this is not a forum for
promotion of proprietary commercial offerings.

If I were you I'd be embarrassed.

	Brian