httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr APRDesign
Date Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:45:05 GMT
On 21 Oct 1999, Ben Hyde wrote:

> > What does this accomplish? I'm sure it's something, I just can't think
> > of what that would be. :)

> Let's say the platform optionally supports conversion between
> graphic formats, but only if the user has installed, oh say
> quicktime.  But we want to have APR pass thru graphic conversion
> routines and you can't know if they are there until runtime.
> It is a little lame to require that the only way to find out
> if the service is offered is to try using it.

Ahhhhhh.  I see what you were going for now too.  I'm not going to
implement this right away, because I'm not sure how useful it is with the
current APR stuff, but it is getting filed in the "Might be nice"
department.  Of course, anybody else is free to implement it if they want
it.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd