httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Change to Error logging routines.
Date Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:24:58 GMT
> on each OS. This would mean, for example, that APR_SUCCESS would have a
> different numerical value, depending on the OS. Or saying it another way,

Unless there is a valid reason to redfine APR_SUCCESS, it should remain
zero on all platforms.  This allows for some shortcuts, and it can make
the code look a little cleaner.  I have the feeling that at some point, we
will see

if (!ap_readdir(temp)) {
}

While this is not great, programmers are programmers, and somebody will
code this way, no matter what we say.  This will fail if APR_SUCCESS is
not zero.  I envision the OS dependant stuff being used for APR error
codes and APR status codes.  Anytime a platform returns 0 (NULL) as a
failure, it should simply be taken care of in APR.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd