httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: local/remote address in conn_rec
Date Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:52:49 GMT

> Hi all,
>   After gettings 2.0 to build and run on OS/2 I noticed that the access log
> is showing rubbish for the client address. I traced the problem back to the
> fact that the client & server address records (sa_client, sa_server) passed
> to ap_new_connection() are never set.
>
>   The question is, should we still be using sockaddr_in structures with APR?
> I would think no, which would mean the conn_rec's
>
>     struct sockaddr_in local_addr;	/* local address */
>     struct sockaddr_in remote_addr;	/* remote address */
>
> will need to change, but to what? Perhaps two ap_socket_t *'s ? That would
> allow things like ap_getipaddr() & ap_get_remote_hostname() to be used on
> them.

Do we really need both of them?  Couldn't we pass ONE ap_socket_t to
ap_new_connection, and get the same data out of it?  Or, am I missing
something?  I think I designed APR to allow for this, but I may not fully
understand where local_addr and remote_addr are being used.  It's been a
while since I've been near them.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd