httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/lib apr_cpystrn.c
Date Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:53:41 GMT

If you are asking why we have created our own ap_cpystrn function, please
read the docs in the apr_cpystrn file.  They cover the reason for
implementing it ourselves.  If this is not your question, please let me
know, and I will try to answer what you are actually asking.

Ryan

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Henrik Vendelbo wrote:

> roll our own cpystrn, makes sense, but what about the inlined (inserted,no function call,
expanded by compiler to specialized machinecode) standard string copy functions, they supposedly
work much faster.

> Do we have any assessment on what difference in apache performance there is. I'm sure
that it does a lot of string juggling, but it might not matter.

> \Henrik

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd