httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_cgi.c
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:06:34 GMT

>   -        return (-1);
>   +        rc = !APR_SUCCESS;

I am not convinced this is a good idea.  ap_status_t has a relatively
small set of values that it can be assigned.  To assign a value of
!APR_SUCCESS, doesn't really tell us anything.  It would be much easier to
determine what happened, if we actually assigned the correct value to rc
here, based on what went wrong and why.  All this tells us, is that
something didn't work, at best, it will be interpretted as APR_EPERM.
That's most likely not the error we want to represent here.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd