httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Compiling multiple MPM at the same time.
Date Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:38:16 GMT

I thought we had this already.  I have actually always assumed that in
time, the prefork MPM would go away.  the pthread MPM actually does
exactly what the prefork MPM does as long as it's compiled correctly.  Of
course, some MPM's can't have this flag.  For example, I'm not sure how
much sense Dexter makes without threads.  :)

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> i'm not sure how good an idea this is...
>
> i always envisioned compile-time macros such as MPM_HAS_THREADS which
> would let modules be built differently according to whether threads were
> available or not.
>
> Dean

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd