httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Question. fopen() in ap_pfopen() background ?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:20:23 GMT

> > This is not true.  APR uses both file descriptors as well as FILE *'s,
> > depending on what the situation calls for.
>
> it would be nice if we could avoid ever using FILE *... a project for
> someone.

It wouldn't be hard, we would just need to put our own buffering into APR.
For the sake of getting APR up and working and stable, I decided to use
what was available for the first version of APR.  I would think that in
APR 1.1, we could probably get buffering into APR itself, and remove the
need for FILE *'s completely.  I agree, it does make somethings ugly to
have those FILE *'s in there.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd