httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/time/unix time.c
Date Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:05:12 GMT
On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 08:56:37AM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > Also, why are these macros in two places? acconfig.h and apr_config.h.in
> >
> > Because apr_config.h.in is a generated file from autoheader.
>
> Then we should delete it from the CVS repository like we deleted the
> generated stuff from autoconf. autoheader is part of the autoconf
> package, so this won't put any added burden on developers.
>
> Any objections?

I have no objections, but why do we want to get rid of it?  The reason for
getting rid of configure, was because the configure script is created
different ways on different platforms.  My understanding from talking to
other developers, is that the autoheader doesn't have that issue.  It
generates the same .h.in file everytime, assuming the configure.in script
hasn't changed.

So, I'm -0 for getting rid of it, just because I don't see the point in
not having it.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd