httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Re: Thread safe functions in APR.
Date Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:51:16 GMT

I know that a few years ago, Ditial Unix had some functions that were
supposed to have _r equivalents, which didn't.  I was told this was a REAL
issue, that needed to be dealt with.  I haven't really had the time to
investigate it, and you're right, it SHOULDN'T be an issue.  Regardless,
it is a solved issue.  Now, hopefully somebody will stop working on the
solution, and determine if there was an actual problem.

On 6 Oct 1999, Ben Hyde wrote:

> I'm am bemused by the thought that a threads implementation that isn't
> "co-dependent" on a threaded C library!  Do we have an example?    - ben

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd