httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: WebConfig initiative
Date Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:44:22 GMT

?
> If there are none I intend to start one
>
> comments ?

Actually, most, if not all, of the commercial servers out there,
specifically including commercial versions of apache (see the page on
apache.org for a list) include at least a web based configuration tool for
apache; some of the SSL verdor's even encrypting the config link and
making it very secure.

That is there today. For who needs it. For tomorrow; none of the gui
projects concentrate's on it as far as I know, but it would be easy to add
with a few lines of perl. Have a look at their pages (apache.org ->
project -> gui).

Dw