httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ragnar Kurm <rag...@uninet.ee>
Subject userspace permissions
Date Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:58:37 GMT

i'm new here, apologize if my question doesnt belong to this list.

my site has many users each have different virtual domain.
apache runs as nobody.
problem: users can access each other's docroots.
question: if and how can i run httpd with virtual hosts so that all files
for virtualdomain are accessed as different user. in the other words can
apache httpd configured to have uid x if it needs to access virtual domain
y and uid m for virtual domain n.

not only cgi scripts but all other files also. 'User' configuration
directive doesnt help me - afaik it is used only for cgi scripts.

ragnar