httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Apache loads config twice - why?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:57:05 GMT
Hi all,

I am stuck with another conceptual problem.

While hunting a bug loading the 3rd party auth_ldap module, I discovered
Apache was loading it's configuration file twice. On the first config
attempt, all the LoadModule directives were successfully handled. On the
second config attempt, the attempt to dlopen the auth_ldap module
triggered an error and a dlopen bug which caused the program to
ungracefully exit right there.

I found this by adding a breakpoint to the load_module routine in
mod_so. Apache was executed with the -X option.

Is this correct behavior? Why would the config file be scanned twice? Is
this behavior to do with the -X flag?

The platform is Solaris v2.5.1.

Regards,
Graham