httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Server failure during module loading
Date Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:06:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to track down a problem with a module (auth_ldap v1.4.0) not
starting up properly with Apache, but I'm having a few problems.

First of all I am having a bit of a conceptual problem with switching on
the -g flag to turn on debugging. Inside
http://dev.apache.org/debugging.html it says "...be sure that the server
is compiled with the -g option in EXTRA_CFLAGS...".

Can anyone explain how this is done? Where is this EXTRA_CFLAGS defined?
In the Makefile? In configure.in?

The problem I am trying to solve is that the Apache server exits on
startup without logging anything. Using the -X debugging flag gives me

/opt/local/apache/bin/httpd -f /opt/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf -X
_dynamic_create() failed, errno = 22
Exit 1

A truss of the run is attached.

I am trying to run Apache v1.3.9 with auth_ldap v1.4.0 under Solaris
v2.5.1.

Can anyone see any reason here why Apache should exit? Is this an Apache
problem or purely a module problem?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon