httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:51:25 GMT
If you aren't providing patches, then just what the hell *ARE* you
trying to do?

This is not a forum to discuss *your* products. This is about Apache.
And despite what you say, Kevin's first post was very much a post that
said, "wow! look at how cool our product is! everybody should use this!"
With all those damn CAPITALS, that is exactly what it was. Discussions
in this forum generally don't use the format that he initially posted
with.

Now, you did mention two things:
1) patch ab.c to deal with compressed content. The group here doesn't
care to deal with that, but instead wants to look at bytes/sec rates
rather than pages/sec. If you want to expand ab.c to deal with
decompressing, then PROVIDE PATCHES. Otherwise, shut up.

2) patch ab.c to deal with its argument processing. As noted, this is
probably a good idea. Please provide a patch. And don't just say "fix
this". It doesn't work that way.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/