httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Apache 164 percent speed increase
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:19:29 GMT
Peter J. Cranstone wrote:
> One final point. You indicate that this forum is not a forum
> for promotion of proprietary commercial offerings. This message
> just appeared. "Hi, IBM has created a complete web-based
> configuration tool for our Apache-based server, the IBM HTTP
> Server. It's free and its available at
> Our Apache-based server, which is now called the IBM HTTP
> server... what is this... Free commercial offering based on
> your hard work on Apache.

Mmm, not exactly.  That message was posted in reply to a
query, for one thing.  For another, IBM has made significant
contributions to Apache, so it's not as though they're
taking without giving anything back.
#ken    P-)}

Apache Software Foundation  <>
"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://ASFD.MeepZor.Com/>