httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/mpm/winnt winnt.c
Date Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:52:58 GMT
manoj@hyperreal.org wrote:

> manoj       99/10/11 23:14:47
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/apr/file_io/os2 filedup.c open.c pipe.c
>                src/lib/apr/file_io/unix dir.c filedup.c open.c
>                src/lib/apr/file_io/win32 dir.c filedup.c
>                src/lib/apr/locks/beos crossproc.c intraproc.c
>                src/lib/apr/locks/unix crossproc.c intraproc.c
>                src/lib/apr/misc/win32 start.c
>                src/modules/mpm/winnt winnt.c
>   Log:
>   Make sure to use ap_null_cleanup instead of NULL when setting an empty
>   child_cleanup.

This seems a bit silly. Why can't we just test for NULL in the register
function and substitute ap_null_cleanup? Why must everybody know about
and use ap_null_cleanup? Why push the requirement of that extra bit of
knowledge on them? Personally, using NULL is much clearer from the
"client" side of the cleanup registration.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/