httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pratik Patel <pratik.pa...@db.com>
Subject XML configuration revisited
Date Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:32:29 GMT
Greetings,

I was looking through the archives for this list when I started reading
about the XML configuration discussion.
Has any work been done on this, and is there an DTD (even a rough one)
that someone has already created? We would like to build a DTD that
incorporates the new Java Servlet API's specification on web
applications (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_1_2.dtd) with an
Apache configuration DTD.

Our idea at this point is to build a simple DTD that incorporates both
the Apache config details and the future web.xml DTD. For the time
being, we will edit the XML config by hand and write a simple parser to
spit out httpd.conf and jserv.conf/jserv.properties/servlets.properties.
We would like some feedback and see if anyone else is already working on
this, possibly as part of Jakarta.

cheers
Pratik
--------