httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Kraaij, Reinder " <R.Kra...@exchvs01.pbc.be.philips.com>
Subject Subject: RE: Using conn->client->fd
Date Mon, 04 Oct 1999 08:53:35 GMT
Hi,

In my Chat module  i solved it this way :

I created a verry little frame, at the bottem of the screen. This Refreshes
each minute, and handels the Online ID over to the Server.

There i have a shared memory base, in which each online id is related to
several things, one of them is last refresh time.

When there has not been a refresh for 3 minutes, the online id is released.

Or they press the logout button, which kills the online id.

The plusses of this are various :

- You can return the number of online users back to the user, each minute
- You can even track users behind a proxy

to see what i mean : http://www.pauzeweb.nl/chatbox.
ps, be aware that it's 100% pure dutch :o)

REgards,
    Reinder,