httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Should buff return error codes on partial success?
Date Sun, 31 Oct 1999 05:51:00 GMT
On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 11:16:59AM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> i was thinking something more along the lines of ferror() on FILE.  but
> it's not immediately important.

Well, I've been trying to decide what to do about the buff "utility"
functions that look like stdio functions. I'm leaning more towards
adding a berror() to return an error code for all of these. The first
reason is that the errno isn't checked for most of these, so it just
makes the interface look uglier. The second reason is that I'm lazy.

But, I think the bonerror interface is more useful in these situations
anyway.