httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Various 2.0 bugs I'm looking at
Date Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:30:55 GMT
On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 01:36:31AM -0500, Me at IO wrote:
> If someone wants to fix them before I wake up, I'll be very happy.
> I'm using the dexter MPM and ab to test on Linux, but I don't think
> these are MPM-related.

I think I've narrowed down the problem to Brian Havard's patch to add
a context field to ap_accept. But, I see nothing in that patch that
should break anything. (Can anyone?)

All I can think of is that the pools are subtly hosed, and that adding
this new context triggered a latent locking bug. The pool code is from
1.3 with mods, not the code from the apache-apr tree which seemed rock
solid. I may try turning the APR pools into the pools from the old
hybrid server and see if my bugs go away.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development