httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: HAVE_NETINET_IN_H ?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:24:59 GMT
On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:43:11 -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:

>Maybe this is a silly question, but what is the purpose of HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
>around ap_get_local_name() and ap_get_remote_name()?

The idea is that only platforms that have the struct sockaddr_in type will
support these APR functions (they're a bit of a fudge to make the transition
easier anyway, like ap_get_os_*). I was thinking that any platform that had
sockaddr_in would define it in netinet/in.h but I forgot windows defines
everything in winsock.h. I guess it should be replaced by a HAVE_SOCKADDR_IN
type macro. I'm sure autoconf has some way of detecting a struct definition.