httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: APR types and printf formats?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:48:57 GMT
On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 06:57:51PM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Tony Finch wrote:
> >
> > Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > >One obvious thing to do is:
> > >
> > >#define APR_SSIZE_T_FMT        "ld"
> >
> > That's what C9X does so it can't be completely wrong.
>
> I'm probably revealing myself to be ten kinds of idiot here, but, err,
> what's C9X?

The newest C standard. I forget if it's ratified or not, yet.

If C9X does it, then at least there's precedent, but the format
specifiers will look so nasty. I don't see a better option that's easy
to implement though, so +1.

We could take the Java solution, and implement toString functions for
every APR type. *shrug*