httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Should buff return error codes on partial success?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 1999 21:27:47 GMT
I'm in the middle of taking errno out of buff. Most calls that get
changed will soon return an APR-style error code and pass bytes sent or
received back through an argument.

It'll then be possible for buff to return an error code and indicate
that it wrote some bytes at the same time. But, the Unix APIs (and iol
right now) don't do this. Should I make buff return an error code even
if it wrote some bytes correctly, or should it return APR_SUCCESS and
wait until the next call to return the error code?