httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Autoconf??
Date Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:08:37 GMT

In article <009501bf1b4c$05558b60$0a1aa8c0@jetnet.co.uk> you wrote:

> This may be slightly off-topic, but it has relevance!
>
> I've been trying to build apache on PowerPC BeOS but have run into what
> looks like an autoconf problem.  All goes well and configure is built.  When
> configure is run I get a lot of errors in the config.log that look like...
>
> configure:1916: checking for pthread_mutex_init in -lpthread
> configure:1935: mwcc -I- -I. -nodup -o conftest -g   conftest.c -lpthread
> 1>&5
> ### mwcc Compiler Error:
> #       #define $ac_decision_item 1
> #               ^
> #   identifier expected
> #----------------------------------------------------------
>     File "/boot/home/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/confdefs.h"; Line 10
> #       while compiling "/boot/home/apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/conftest.c"
> #----------------------------------------------------------
>
> This same error is repeated a lot of times... :-(
>
> Any ideas why or who I can contact for help?

Your problem is line 93 in src/lib/apr/aclocal.m4, David. The decision
hierarchy stuff seems to be extracted from one of my Autoconf files (I guess
from my MM package). But my original version doesn't have this
AC_DEFINE($ac_decision_item) there. It will not work this way. I don't know
who and why has added this line in APR, but if it's really wanted in APR then
it has to read AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED($ac_decision_item).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com