httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Change to Error logging routines.
Date Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:05:24 GMT
>Along a similar vein, I happen to be working on unerrnoing IOLs. Of
>course, unerrnoing IOLs leads to unerrnoing buff, which leads to
>unerrnoing other chunks of Apache and modules. I'm in the middle of
>buff right now. I may try to separate each layer's changes into its
>own patch (by making the layer above assign error codes to errno) to
>make these changes more manageable, but I'll decide this based on the
>level of screaming from here and my mood for the day.

What is important to me is that no error information be lost.
Since there is no way to come up with a table of APR error codes that
includes all possible system-dependent error conditions, this implies
that we need to keep around both the errno and any simplified APR code.

I'm not sure how that maps to the current implementation.

....Roy