httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Galbavy <Peter.Galb...@knowledge.com>
Subject Re: WebConfig initiative
Date Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:13:28 GMT
On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 03:07:37AM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> > BTW - Off Topic - OpenSSH 1.0 (as it has been dubbed) is going into
> > OpenBSD 2.6 and is based on an early 1.2.x ssh version that still had
> > open licensing. There is quite a lot of work going on to make this as
> > feature rich as the current 1.2.27 or even 2.x ssh. I expect a
> > standalone version will be forthcoming after OpenBSD 2.6 release.
>
> Very cool - is it patent-free, too?

Sort of. The base code has no patent-tainted stuff in it, and it uses
the libcrypto stuff (from OpenSSD 0.9.4) for the base. Installing
RSA-enabled versions of the shared libs make the RSA stuff work.

I might be digging myself a hole, since I am not 100% up on what
is and is not used for what bits. I suggest a trip to
http://www.openbsd.org, the CVS tree and the mailing liust archives.

If people think this is on-topic, I could ask someone from the
development team over to answer questions - but I suspect this is not
the right forum.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy