httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Implementing the connection status API in an MPM
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:50:47 GMT
Since I was asked...

MPM authors who want to implement the connection status API should
look at src/include/mpm_status.h. It contains function prototypes and
an attempt at documentation.

ap_get_connection_status isn't used yet by anything. I figure it will
be useful for more sophisticated server management tools in the
future. Along those lines, I plan to add (unless someone beats me to
it) ap_get_connections and ap_get_connection_keys. With these API
changes, I think there will be enough infrastructure to allow status
queries through SNMP (based on my very limited knowlege of it) if
someone wants to write the module.

Dexter includes a sample implementation for multiprocess Unixes in
scoreboard.[ch]. It should be easily portable to other MPMs, other
than symbol naming conflicts, without too much trouble.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM, Apache Development