httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: Invalid argument: setsockopt: (TCP_NODELAY)
Date Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:24:21 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a number of these things in my Apache error_log file:
>
> [Wed Oct 13 10:49:11 1999] [warn] (22)Invalid argument: setsockopt:
> (TCP_NODELAY)
> [Wed Oct 13 11:22:45 1999] [warn] (22)Invalid argument: setsockopt:
> (TCP_NODELAY)
>
> What exactly is this thing trying to tell me? Anyone know? :)
>
> Regards,
> Graham

What OpSys are you on?

Apache.Org states -

"Why am I getting "httpd: could not set socket option TCP_NODELAY" in my
error log? "

"This message almost always indicates that the client disconnected before
Apache reached the point of calling setsockopt() for the connection. It
shouldn't occur for more than about 1% of the requests your server handles,
and it's advisory only in any case."

NOTE: it's advisory only in any case...

HTH,
-Sneex-  :]