httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die." <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject Re: unrming from CVS?
Date Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:09:41 GMT

> Is there a "preferred" way to unremove files from CVS? I'd like
> to bring back the scoreboard files in dexter, since the new status table
> stuff only changes parts of scoreboard.[ch]. Should I just recreate
> the new files, move the old ones from Attic somehow, or something
> completely different?

The following seems to work well for me w/o messing with the Attic
directly:

    1. Find next to last revision of file ("cvs status <file>" and subtract one)
    2. "cvs update -p -r <rev-number> <file> > <file>"
    3. "cvs add <file>"
    4. edit as you like
    5. "cvs commit <file>"

CVS will notice that you're re-adding the file and will keep the history.

  Cheers,

  Ronald