httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Makefile suggestions?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:57:09 GMT
On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 11:31:42PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> What I want to do is to setup the Makefiles in the beos directories to act
> as follows...
>
> a)  look for the source file in the beos directory,
> b)  if it's not there compile the one from the unix directory.
>
> Makefiles aren't a particular area of expertise for me

Me either, but how about this? (I'm fudging some make variables because
I'm lazy)

getopt.c: $(basedir)/misc/unix/getopt.c
    ln -s $(basedir)/misc/unix/getopt.c # or copy it.

Insert one of those for every file that is taken from the unix tree.
You'd need to insert a cleaning step for these links as well.