httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <>
Subject Re: Non-threadsafe functions used in threads? (1.3, 2.0)
Date Tue, 05 Oct 1999 21:42:45 GMT
On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 09:12:45AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> So I personally would ignore _POSIX_REENTRANT_FUNCTIONS...

Sounds good to me.

Now, what do we do about the case where _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS
isn't defined. The only solution I can think of is to add a lock on
every single type that uses an "evil" function. I did this for
ap_readdir in APR (untested, patch attached) to see what it would be
like, and it looks ugly. And Ryan can't stand it. :) Any other ideas?
The only other possibility I can think of is to throw up our hands and
say that platforms without these functions won't be threaded in
Apache. And that would suck.

Manoj Kasichainula - manojk at io dot com -

View raw message