httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.9 port to NetWare 5
Date Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:22:17 GMT
On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 10:07:46PM -0600, Mike Gardiner wrote:
> Attached is a zip containing the diffs of the Apache 1.3.9 port to
> NetWare 5.

Please just concatenate the patches together into a single file. It's
easier to read then. It's also easier to deal with patches if they are
done against the current CVS tree, so that hunks don't break. Oh, and
unified diffs are nicer too if you can make them. Thanks.

> 1.  It follows the WIN32 port since NetWare only has threads and no processes.

I can't give many useful comments on the Windowsy code. But instead of
creating a new automatic variable with the thread-specific storage for
every function, can you (ick) make it a "global" variable, and #define
your "tsd->blah"'s to "blah" so that the code is more uniform?
This should help eliminate a lot of the #ifdef NETWAREs.

> 3.  It has SSL support built into the main code since Winsock on NetWare
>      supports SSL.  This is accomplishes with only 3 winsock function calls.
>      One to create the socket and then two ioctl calls.

Also, is there any risk at all to having hooks to Netware's SSL
implementation? I wouldn't think so, because common sense doesn't
apply here.

Are you working on a 2.0 port by any chance?

"If it weren't for us you would be drooling in your laps instead of on your
keyboards!" -- Darrell Fuhriman