httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Cholet <cho...@logilune.com>
Subject Using conn->client->fd
Date Sat, 02 Oct 1999 10:25:26 GMT
I am writing a chat application. One of it's components waits on data from
the chat server and sends it to the client (browser). I need to know when
the client has disconnected. I get the browser's fd from
r->connection->client->fd, and do a select() waiting for either the browser
or the chat server to have data available. Even though I'm not reading from
the browser a hangup will be seen as a zero length packet becoming
available for reading.

Is it legit to access conn->client->fd ? It seems there ought to be an
ap_function instead, unless my approach is wrong and there's a better way
to solve my problem.

--
Eric Cholet